|Parody of||Max Rockatansky|
|Released||7 October 2014|
Bro Max is a playable character in the run and gun platform game Broforce. He was released in a beta update called Steam Workshop.
Bro Max is based on the fictional character Max Rockatansky from the Mad Max film series interpreted by Mel Gibson, a former Main Force Patrol officer thrown into a dystopian Australia.
- Fire command: Dragon's Breath Shotgun - ignites flammable enemies and deals knockback. The fire travels through walls and enemies.
- Damage: About 14 damage per shot at point-blank.
- Range: 5 blocks.
- Rate of Fire: 2 shots per second. Can't be maxed out.
- Special command: Bromerang - deflects bullets, goes through enemies, hit them multiple times and bounce off walls, turning to fly in the opposite direction after a couple seconds, can be picked up again. Damage terrain and explosives for a short distance.When bromerang is not picked up or is not with Bro max, an item crate can be used to collect a second bromerang, so if the first one is collected after the second one, then Bro max will have two bromerangs. Can be maxed up to 5 bromerangs. Can headshot.
- Ammunition: 1 (can be reused by touching it).
- Damage: 4 damage per hit.
- Range: 8 blocks.
- Melee command: Punch - Knocks enemies back.
- Damage: 4 damage per punch.
- Range: 1 block.
- Rate of Fire: About 4 punches per second.
- He can accumulate special ammo by picking up an ammo crate before picking up a previous boomerang.
- His normal attack is based on Toll Broad's.
- His damaged eye is a reference one of the injuries Max sustained during the course of Mad Max 2.
- The character is also famous for having a metal leg-brace in all of his films since the first movie, but this does not appear in Broforce.
- The actual movie character is also notably interpreted by Tom Hardy in Fury Road but this parody seems to be based off of Max's appearance in Road Warrior.
- Max's boomerang attack may be a reference to the film's Australian heritage, or a reference to the Wild Kid's weapon from Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.