|Attacks|| Acid split shots|
|Health||500 (face), 60 (heart)|
The Humongocrawler is the first alien boss encountered in Broforce. It is an enormous subterranean crawler with a massive gaping maw.
When facing the Humongocrawler, players will need to mind its two attack methods - the crawler roars with tremendous force, pushing the Bro(s) back and eroding the terrain above. Rocks proved to be hazardous due to the terrain collapse and they can't be eroded Using its inner mouth, it then shoots large globs of acid which, when coming into contact with solid objects, splash the terrain and split into three smaller clumps which in turn can also dissolve materials, just like how the Acid Crawler attacks.
Possibly due to its immense size, the Humongocrawler is only able to move horizontally. Once the Bro is able to deal enough damage to the crawler's face, it will quickly retreat before resuming its attacks.
Upon the destruction of its mouth, the crawler stops moving and its insides can be accessed. Along with several Facehuggers that shouldn't be a problem if the player is alert enough to destroy them, the crawler's interior contain a heart that needs to be destroyed to fully defeat the boss.
- The Humongocrawler may be based on the Alien Queen from the Alien film series; it is also referred to as a female by the game's developers.
- The crawler might also be a reference to the final level of the original Contra video game: entering a level section by destroying a giant face before heading for the heart at the end.
- Players can exploit the Humongocrawler's acid attack by standing underground and beneath its face; the inner mouth will sense the bro's presence from underground and will attempt to shoot at them, hitting the crawler's jaw and damaging it in the process. This can be used as an alternate method of damaging the crawler before accessing the insides. However it's significantly slower.
- Despite the in-game intro displays a Facehugger coming out, none are seen until the destruction of it's mouth, neither are leaping out when fighting against it.
- Also, the Facehuggers are shown to be purple in the intro, contrary to their current Brown-Green color.
- During the scroll down the wall of booty, it's severed inner mouth is seen.
- It's possible to use alien tunnels to glitch into it's body, this way prevents any damage and still allows the player shooting at the face.
- If the player gets inside it's mouth as soon as it stops roaring, once the mouth shuts the player will be glitched inside. This makes the fighting a lot easier and will usually not give you extra facehuggers.